Schedules in FM server 9 strange behavior

This topic is 6171 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hello all,

I've recently installed full filemaker 9 platform in my company local network, which means that that I updated clients and server to filemaker 9.

I'm now trying to schedule the backup procedures (please see the attachement to this post), but none of them run properly. In fact, no backup schedule runs.

I've created 2 folders and related subfolders on backup partition of my server (dell machine with Windows 2003 server standard edition).

back up program should weekly save the copy of databases into the subfolders (at 11 PM in '11' directiry, at 5 PM in '05' directory etc..).

Even if the procedure seems to be completed, back up files are not been created (or modified), and next run date is always yestarday date (I think this is the cause of my problem).

Do see some mistake

looking at my schedule settings?

PS: if I manually run the schedule it works properly (databases last modified date change with today date, last run date anyway didn't change at all, even forcing the refresh of schedule list view).

thanks for help!

overview.jpg

schedule_detail.jpg

Edited by Guest

Why is it set to Weekly but you have many days checked? That doesn't make sense. If you set it to Daily and then check the days to run, does that work? Why is it showing a prior date (9/2)? Maybe because FileMaker is as confused as I am over what you want. :wink2:

Unless you've changed the system clock recently, it doesn't make sense that FM would set the next run date to backwards. Just a thought ...

Why is it set to Weekly but you have many days checked?

I think that means every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, the files are copied to the destination folder. Makes sense to me.

You're just used to working '8 days a week'. :)

I think that means every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, the files are copied to the destination folder. Makes sense to me.

You're just used to working '8 days a week'. :)

Yes, It means that this task should run every Monday, wednesday, Friday and Sunday (there are other task for the rest 3 days of the week, in this way I can keep at least two days of backup simoultaneously on different foleders).

The system clock is ok, for windows today is september 3rd, 2007.

Up, please :)-(

Yes, It means that this task should run every Monday, wednesday, Friday and Sunday (there are other task for the rest 3 days of the week, in this way I can keep at least two days of backup simoultaneously on different foleders).

The system clock is ok, for windows today is september 3rd, 2007.

This topic is 6171 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.