Sign in to follow this  
Tjebbe van Tijen

Constructing LightBox multiple rows & columns in Browse mode

In some ways Filemaker Pro has very old fashioned limitations, like the missing option to display a found set of records in multiple rows & columns in Browsing mode. This option is limited to the View/Printing mode, and .. in that last mode no interaction whatsoever is possible with what one sees nicely on the screen.

Of course there are work-arounds and I have build one:

- exporting thumbnail pictures to rows of repeating fields

That works fine, but of course it needs a little time (each time) to construct such a lightbox of pictures.

I tried to scan this forum for solutions, but alas the search engine of FM Forums is pretty limited and comes up with a result lists that contain words from my search terms, but with NO relevance to my question (words between "" are not recognized as separate strings by the search engine).

So I try this section of the forum:

anybody has a trick or workaround or knows a plugin that will show a found set of (image text fields) in multiple rows & columns (light a photo lightbox)?

...limitations, like the missing option to display a found set of records in multiple rows & columns in Browsing mode.

Hi Tjebbe,

I suspect that you may be looking for something a little like the attached example. :wink2:

Lightbox.zip

I also like Genx's use of repeating fields in the example file of this thread.

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/184840/

I'm a little confused by the data in Ray's file. I see my picture, but it says "Bob Weaver". Now I am not sure if that perhaps is my name or not? I thought I was Fenton Jones :-]

Bob looks like this:

av-1943-1126150811.gif

I'm a little confused by the data in Ray's file.

Hi Fenton,

Sorry about that - there's no need for *both* of us to be confused! :crazy2:

Bob looks like this:

Yes, but what does he look like underneath all those bandages. That's the real question! :tongue2: :wink2:

Since my face have found it's way in there as well ...Am I eagly awaiting some kind of royalty check, or Puy Pal notice that a substantial substantial sum is comming myway???

--sd