Making filemaker application/layouts uneditable to endusers

senthilrajd

This topic is 6037 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi All,

I am developing a filemaker based solution for a company, what I want is I need to make it uneditable for users(ie locking in layout mode). I am not able to make it uneditable in layout mode, so what happens is that the users are able to modify the layouts. No one should be able to modify the layout/scripts except me, since the number of users are going to be quiet high (> 20).

Please help in providing me a good solution.

Many thanks for you help in advance.

RajDS

You need to look into accounts and privilege sets. See "Editing layouts privileges" in the online help. If that doesn't answer your question let me know.

• Newbies

Thank for the info.

But is there any other way to do it. For example how companies develop there application/solution and sell into the market, which are mostly not editable. I want to make it totally uneditable except by the super admin for that application who controls it.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what you're asking, we may just have a terminology problem. You can very easily set up passwords so that users will have no access to editing layouts or scripts.

If you are worried about someone hacking your solution, you can use FileMaker Pro Advanced to completely remove full access from the file (save a copy first!).

This topic is 6037 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.