Plugins and standalones

Mandu

This topic is 6057 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I don't know what the right term is for the thing that's created when I use the Developer Utilities to "create a customized set of files". I just refer to it as a standalone db. Anyway...

I installed the EventScript plugin but have discovered that it doesn't appear to operate once I've built a standalone db. Is that the breaks of the game, or should it continue to work?

Thanks,

Chap

Edited by Guest

Are you creating a runtime? It's one of the things that the Developer utilities does. I'd guess that you are.

The plug-ins need to be installed for the runtime application. This may involve the use of an installer program, or (at least) the end user knowing where to manually put the file.

It's probably easier on Mac OS X than WIndows.

It is quite easy on a windows pc. Just copy the plugin to the extensions folder of the runtime files after you have bound them.

You can then issue the runtime as is for the customer to install or run an installer which will include the plugin.

The main point is that when you bind your files as a runtime FM does not include any plugins, they have to be included afterwards

HTH

phil

This topic is 6057 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.