A better way?

This topic is 6156 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

I have been using a five step conditional value list to find and display a welder's qualification record. This has been working.

But I have been reading on the forum that a Hierarchical portal would be a better choice to preform this task. Not to sure on how to preform

this.

I have attached a file on the way we do it now. Would someone please review the file and let me known which way you think would be the proper way to preform this task. Open the WPQentry file first

Thanks

Lionel

searching.zip

Hi Lionel,

I'm not sure if you're asking whether a hierarchical portal interface is better than your conditional value lists, or just how to do it.

I suppose either design can be made well or made poorly. Certainly the series of conditional value lists takes up less space than a hierarchical portal with similar functionality.

As to "how"; the underlying structure is pretty much the same as for conditional value lists. The difference is that you'd show each set of related values in a portal instead of in the respective value lists. Then you'd have a button on each to grab the key of the selected portal row and populate a local key with that value.

This topic is 6156 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.