Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

As you can see I'm new to the forum and need a little help. What I want is for a customer to click on the "New Book" button in the Customer file that will take them to the Book (Invoice) file wher

This topic is 6191 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

As you can see I'm new to the forum and need a little help.

What I want is for a customer to click on the "New Book" button in the Customer file that will take them to the Book (Invoice) file where a new record will be made for this customer. Each customer has a unique "ContactID".

Once a customer has been assigned an invoice number, that is the only invoice number they will ever have. From that time on when this customer clicks the "New Book" button, they will go to the same invoice they were first assigned. Do I also add a customer "ContactID" in the Invoice file?

The Invoice has a Line Items portal on the layout and this is where all new books will be added. The "InvoiceNbr" is shown in each line item. Will the customer "ContactID" number have to be there as well?

You may be wondering why I want to set up an invoice system this way but it's not really for invoicing. It's just the best way I have of explaining it.

I have no idea how to write this script and hoped you can help.

Thank you,

Carl

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6191 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.