Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Append to PDF bug

Dali

This topic is 5996 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have found that "Append to Existing PDF" is not working if write permissions to Desktop folder are removed even though the ouput folder for PDF is for example "D:Userstemp_data" with proper write/modify permissions. Shared desktop folder is redirected to "D:UsersDesktop" for all users via group policy. If I uncheck write permissions to desktop folder then filemaker will only create the 1st PDF and then will give me an error saying there's a problem creating the file on the disk (error 800). This is a Terminal Server on Win 2003, running FM9 VLA. Users must not be able to save files on server Desktop. Filemaker is to create a single PDF from different layouts into a temporary folder on the server, then copy the PDF into a container field and then display the export dialog so the users can save the PDF into their mapped local drives. I found this to be the optimum solution but I'm having trouble now since I need write permissions on Desktop folder removed.

Can someone confirm the same problem? Any ideas or alternative solutions?

Thanks!

Dali

• 2 months later...

I have a similar problem. I am using windows XP. We have our database hosted using FMS 8 and I am using FMP 9 advanced on the client machine.

The first pdf is created fine. The first append to pdf function works fine but on the 2nd append to pdf I get filemaker error 800.

I am saving to a folder on my desktop but when I use a folder on my c drive it is ok

I did the same test using my mac and there was no problem...did you get any answers?

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5996 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.