Just Started FM 8.5 question

vseiber

This topic is 6069 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello All,

It seems I will be spending lots of time with File Maker at my internship. As was requested of me, is there any way to get filemaker to kind of "sit on top" of a filestructure on the network drive here.

I was thinking that I might somehow be able to have the webviewer function navigate to a directory on the local drive instead of to the www. This way I could see icons to say all the PDF's in a specific folder and as they were updated to that folder they would appear in File Maker instead of adding them to the folder and then opening filemaker and adding them one by one.

The whole functionality of this is that I will be tracking developmental drugs online. One of the tabs will be "recent releases" As I download the pdf's and put them in thier respective folder I want it to autoupdate in FileMaker

Is this even a possibility with webviewer? Is this a possibility at all? If so can you please send me in the right direction?

Thanks in Advance,

Vincent Seiber

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think you can do that but, look at the "Import folder" options, this is intended to allow the import of files into container fields (or just a referance/path). If you set this up right, you should be able to write a script that would update filemaker with referances to all files in a folder and use the referance to display the pdf's in a webviewers. The pdf's would not automaticly update as you download but they could be updated with a click of a button.

Allen

This topic is 6069 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.