Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

labels layout

sbod

This topic is 6181 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hello everyone--i have a problem with labels. i want to print different fields from my table into differnt sections, boxs, areas whatever one calls the area for the next label. i go to layout mode, select vertical labels and i get one label area white, the next two are greyed out. how do i get my next field to be printed into the next label areas for printing

sorry i do not understand--i have a layout with numerous fields the layout creates numerous records--how would I take individual fields for the one record and place them into the labels layout to print.for example "c_firstnamelastname" for one label and "c_attorneynamephonenumber" for another label on the same label layout. thanks for your first reply

Using your example, you would have to create two separate layouts: one where a label contains the c_firstnamelastname field, and another with a label containing the c_attorneynamephonenumber field. Then you would print the desired set of records twice, using a different layout in each pass.

Alternatively, you could import your records into another table, twice: once importing the first field, the second time the other field. But eventually you need the same amount of records as the amount of labels you want to produce.

thanks for the info--i will try it when i get back to work---one would think you could just simply drag the field into each label area to produce your labels on one sheet using one label--maybe an idea for fm10--thanks again

You can still do that - "drag the field into each label area to produce your labels on one sheet" - just not with a label layout, or at least not with a label layout that matches your actual labels. But you can make a regular layout, figure out where your labels are, and place the fields accordingly. Or you could define layout labels that are twice as large as your actual labels.

Eventually, Filemaker uses the body part as one-record area. I don't think it's likely to change soon.

This topic is 6181 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.