Server Maintenance This Week. ×

connect to filemaker thru a web page

This topic is 6050 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Thanks Genx but I do not think they would do what I wanted.

I have been "playing" with the webviewer, using html from within filemaker, I have added vbs scripts(embedded in the html). I have yet to do anything usefull with them. A Filemaker "object" can be called from vbs scripts but not all "objects" can be used if it is embedded in a webpage (like the filesripting object that could reformat your hard drive). My skills writting html are poor and I have very little experiance writing vbs script that runs on a web page and have been unable to connect to filemaker from a vbs run on a page.

My goal would be to preform a filemaker script tiggered by some action done on a webpage that is loaded into a webviewer. I don't have any pressing need to do this but, it would open up alot of possibilities. (providing links on charts to sets of data is one.)

(Sorry, It's late here and I seem to have rambled.)

... Well if its local HTML it should actually work as there shouldn't technically be any permission issues... but then again I only deal with VBS when I have to so you probably don't want to listen to me lol.

This topic is 6050 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.