Coffee Cup of Death

This topic is 6108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I'm unable to connect to a database over VPN from a remote source. I can see the database and select the database, but then I get a coffee cup, then a gray screen. The database never comes up. I have other people at remote sites able to connect fine, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jason

We can let it run indefinitely and it doesn't come up. I just found out this remote site is still on 10 MB lan. I think we may have a network issue. The site is in LA, routing to NY gateway, then back to Santa FE, NM. Also they're using a riverbed application accelerator on the Wan to increase traffic speed. Not sure if this is part of the problem. I'll keep everyone posted. If any suggestions, please let me know.

Gracias,

Jason

"they're using a riverbed application accelerator on the Wan to increase traffic speed. Not sure if this is part of the problem"

I'd consider this suspect. The web site talked about "a proxy file service that enables the network to continue to serve files locally even when the WAN is down". This sounds like some kind of caching thing happening.

How is the FMP file being shared, with FM Server or is it on a file server?

• 3 weeks later...

"How is the FMP file being shared, with FM Server or is it on a file server?"

Sorry to leave you hanging.

FM is being shared from a FM server. I agree I think the Riverbed appliance is suspect. A call to Riverbed indicated there are no known issues with Filemaker. So hard to say, we still haven't resolved this one.

Thanks.

"So hard to say, we still haven't resolved this one."

Actually it's easy to say: turn Riverbed off and test. Do it on the weekend if necessary.

We run Riverbed between offices around the world and haven't had any problems with FM. It could be your configuration rather than an overall problem with the Riverbed appliance.

This topic is 6108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.