Using FileMaker Server with Apache on Windows

This topic is 6041 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I am using a customized version of Windows XP at my workplace. This version doesn't allow installing IIS untill the machine is a server.

I am using an individual machine, therefore not able to install IIS. I need to enable custom web publishing for which I need a web server.

Is there any way that I can use Apache as a web server for FileMaker server on Windows?

I've gone through the article given at http://www.fmwebschool.com/resources/WPE_Apache.pdf. But this article is not helping me as the location of FileMaker Server Tomcat configuration files specified in doc doesn't match with the directory structure on my machine. (Also, this doc says the prerequiste is FileMaker Server Adavanced, whereas I am using FileMaker Server.)

I would appreciate if someone can help me or can redirect me to some useful articles.

Thanks,

Vikas

Oh my.

Custom web publishing requires the Advanced Server version if you're running Server 8. If you're running Server 9, you can do CWP with the regular version of Server.

It's IIS on Windows OS, and it's Apache 1.3 on Mac OS X. You can however run the database server on Windows OS and then run the WPE and Apache on a separate machine running OS X.

Do yourself a favor and run your database servers on a server OS, eithe Windows Server 2003 or Macintosh OS X Server.

See more on FileMaker Server at this location on the FMI Web site.

Steven

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 6041 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.