Webviewer error prevents file from opening

Lougee

This topic is 6055 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I could kick myself for this; I definitely know better. But I started fooling around with webviewer on a file without making a current backup first. Now I've broken the file.

The solution is created using FileMaker native tab options. I added a webviewer on a subtab to show the location of a selected event and apparently I made a mistake when entering the address information. The file crashed as soon as I left layout mode for browse mode and now it won't even open. And the crash report, when I try to read it, flashes by in about 2 seconds.

Anyone have any suggestions that don't involve recreating from the (far too old) previous backup?

TIA from FSFD (feeling stupid FileMaker developer)

Fixed it!!

I was able to use the 'recover' command, which opened in a layout other than the one containing the problematic webviewer. Once I switched to 'layout' mode, I was able to go to the layout with the webviewer and delete it.

All is well with the world once again.

Abbe

Abbe,

The Recover function is meant to fix the file so that you can get your data out of the broken file. You sould now move the data to the most recent clean copy of it that you have.

Lee

This topic is 6055 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.