Repeat Sub Summary Field New Page

ssaucedo

This topic is 5985 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 1 month later...

I came to think brainstorming 'ly of a variation over these two themes:

http://www.kevinfrank.com/download/kf-fast-summary.zip

http://www.petervinogradov.com/TechniqueFiles/PV_PseudoPortals.zip

Instead of stuffing a global text field ...then stuff a repeating field for this sole purpose!

--sd

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the links...however, I didn't see what I was looking for...maybe I just missed it. I looked up repeating fields but this option does not seem to flow with the data, starting and stopping when needed.

Here are some more details regarding what I am trying to accomplish.

I have a report that is sorted by a sub summary field under that field are detailed records. Now if the detailed records span more than one page how do I get the sub summary field to insert to related value on subsequent pages.

For example lets say your sub summary field is US States and the detailed records are cities. Now when your report gets to California the first instance of California appears but there are so many cities that it takes 3 pages to list them, however subsequent pages just have a list of cities and the sub summary field (California) does not print on the subsequent pages, so you have to flip back a couple of pages to see what state the cities are in.

Well my idea with these two links, was that although Kevin Frank via a script places the report in a single field, could each relevant data be send to a location in a repeating field entirely algoritmic, and then use sliding objects to the max.

--sd

This topic is 5985 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.