Leopard and FileMaker Server

This topic is 6113 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Please note:

http://filemaker.com/support/leopard.html

Here are the known issues with FileMaker Pro 9 and FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced:

• The Instant Web Publishing feature does not work.

• On Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5), each language version of FileMaker Pro 9 and FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced works only when the Mac OS System Preference "International Formats Region" is set to a specific region. For example, the English language version of FileMaker works only when the region is United States. It does not work when the region is United Kingdom, or Australia, or France, or any other region. Click here for more information.

FileMaker Server 9 and FileMaker Server 9 Advanced currently do not deploy properly on Leopard. We are working on Leopard compatibility updates for FileMaker Server 9 and FileMaker Server 9 Advanced but do not have an estimated availability date at this time. Again, subscribe to FileMaker News for information on updates.

We have not tested earlier (pre-FileMaker 9) versions of FileMaker software on Mac OS X Leopard and do not intend to release updates for earlier versions.

Steven

Looks like I will be waiting a few weeks before installing the copy of Leopard that is calling out to me from my desk.

I guess it is worth the wait, but I have to admit I am disappointed that Filemaker (an Apple Subsidiary) is not able to run Leopard after the last FMP update. Seems like a VERY poor business model.

Does Apple have a trust issue with Filemaker that prevented FM from getting a GM copy of Leopard in time to address this issue? Sort of gives an "egg on your face" impression....and a less than business like impression of FM and Apple.

I have been using FM since Version 2.1....so I am not a newbie....but I have to admit I am a bit disappointed today.

I am becoming concerned that this breakdown of communication might become more of an issue while Apple focuses on "Ipods", "Iphones" and God knows what other "I (fill in the blank)" products are coming down the pipeline.

Let's hope they don't shaft the support base that helped them through the "burning powerbooks" and other gems.

Greg

Please re-read carefully what FMI said about Leopard and FileMaker Server.

Apple apparently doesn't treat FMI any differently than it does other software developers or even other parts of Apple when it comes to providing copies of Leopard.

For now, I would not plan on using Leopard with FileMaker Server.

Steven

Just saw an interesting announcement from Servoy, stating that they are fully compatible with Leopard. Also, they claim in their press release that they had a pre-release version of Leopard months ago... and had been working diligently to insure that they were good to go on Leopard in time for the OS release date. I guess FMI had too many distractions, as 9 was being released within roughly the same time frame(?)

This topic is 6113 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.