changing icon or graphic

Neuronal Nerd

This topic is 6121 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

There's several ways to achieve this effect. In this case, the developer used a script and a font called WebDings. When you click on the field (which is also a button) a script runs setting the field to either 0 or 1 (depending on what the value was) and the WebDing font shows that number as a open or closed lock.

I see...so that "picture" is actually a single character returned with a particular font. That sounds efficient as opposed to loading up a solution with a lot of large graphics. My eyes are now opened to a lot of possibilities and I think I can figure out that script now.

If I did want to use a particular graphic (such as a bmp), how do I achieve a similar effect (i.e., the picture changing when someone clicks on it)?

You'd need the pictures you wanted stored somewhere, a global container field is the simplest (though loading global variables on start up or using a non-global field could work depending on the solution).

Then it's all in the scripting. Click on the button/field and run a script that checks the current value of the field and then sets the field to the appropriate global container.

This topic is 6121 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.