Filtering a filtered portal

Jon Crain

This topic is 6118 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm working on a database that I already have setup using a filtered portal. I think viewing the data would be better if I could filter again. Basically I'm trying to filter down the number of tracks in a portal first by having the user select a year, and then a group. I have the year part figured out but it gets a little complicated for me to understand the logic in how to filter again. First off is it possible? If not, then I'm just hitting the wind. Secondly, would I use some sort of the same logic as I did for filtering years?

I've attached a picture of the portion of the database that I'm talking about.

jon

Picture_1.png

Still pretty new to the concept but I think I know what you mean.

Couldn't you create a calc (or autoenter) field that combines the year of each record and the return character and "All" and a similar field that combines the group and the return character and "all" and then create your relationships so that the global match field is by default "All"?

The user could then select a year or a group or both, filtering the portal appropriately.

I am going to have to do something like this myself in a little bit, so I hope I have the right idea!

This topic is 6118 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.