Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Idle Clients timing out

agtjazz

This topic is 6141 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

How do I extend the amount of time before the client times out? Is this a server or a client setting?

I have an application database that is using IWP and hosted by FMSA 8. The application seems to be taking some users 90 or 120 minutes, including searching for paper or research etc.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

I have been in the FMSA console but not the web console... where is that on a Mac?

This is vry confusing. How are you running IWP from Server if you haven't been in the web console? That's where you set the preferences and other items for Web Publishing.

Try localhost://fmi/config

Steven

I will try that tomorrow... I usually just set the network sharing on and moved the database to the server into the FMSA/Data/Databases path and opened the database....

I installed the web console when I installed FMSA and did the passwords etc... but haven't been back to it since.

Thanks for the help

• Newbies

I'm trying to solve the same problem, but unfortunately my setup is IIS/FMSA8. Even though I set the timeout for 46 minutes in FMP, the server times my web clients out at around 15 minutes. Any advice for IIS?

Thanks

• Newbies

Thank you. My problem was to not know that my server was serving dual mode, IIS and Tomcat. I pulled my hair out looking through the IIS stuff, forgetting about the Apache stuff. All better now - many thanks . . .

This topic is 6141 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.