Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Setting default value in value list

agutleben

This topic is 6145 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a value list showing me times. The initial value in the field where the value list is attached is already set. I want the use to, when they click the value list, have the starting value be the same as the value that is currently entered into the field.

For example:

The field currently contains the value "11:30AM". When the user clicks the field to enter new data, they see a value list of all available times for the day starting at 6:00AM with 6:00AM being selected. Is it possible to have 11:30AM selected so the user does not need to scroll?

I'm not sure I understand ... if you have the field auto-enter 11:30 AM data, the User will be ON 11:30 AM selection when they pop open the field. And it doesn't matter whether you are using drop-down or pop-up.

In this case, the value is entered because the user selected that particular time on a calendar layout. The scenario, however, is that the user clicks to open the event at 11:30AM, but prefers the appointment be at a later or earlier time.

When the user currently clicks into the time field, the pop-up menu opens at the beginning of the values available to the field, rather than selecting the value that is currently in the field.

This topic is 6145 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.