FMs8 and Send Event Button

This topic is 6008 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

We have server version 8 here at work and my users are using 8.5 as their clients (and trust me I am very new to the server end of the operation).

Here is my problem. On my k9 database I have a help icon which uses UltraVNC Single Click, so that if I am at home they can click the help icon and I can help them live.

I have the icon attached to the “Send Event” button setup, and the file to the “vnc.exe” set.

I can go to the server and open the DB up and the help icon works just like it is suppose to, I connect with my PC at home.

However, when one of the users here in the building clicks on the icon they get a message that “vnc.exe” file cannot be found and is required to complete this operation.

I assumed that because the file was set to execute on the server (and it does if I have the file open at the server) it would operate correctly for the client machines as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

James

Edited by Guest

Thanks Advance,

I assume you mean that I have to configure the help button to point to the VNC.exe on each users machine and not on the server?

Then I would need to make sure that the path is the same on each machine...I guess what has me confused is that the db is on the server and the vnc.exe is on the client and the help button points to a clients vnc.exe then what about the other clients?

Thanks,

James

Edited by Guest

As a general rule I would avoid putting items other than the FMP files on the server. If you put the vnc,exe on each client workstation in the same location, e.g. the FileMaker folder in C:Programs, then you can always use a variable in the script to locate it.

I am not at all sure what you're trying to do here, so this is the best general advice I can offer.

Steven

This topic is 6008 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.