Change IWP Port Number in IIS

This topic is 5995 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

A client of mine has the latest IIS on WIndows Server 2003 for Small Business. It has FileMaker Server 9 Advanced installed with IWP enabled. Also, they currently have an internal company website hosted on the same machine. My responsibility begins and ends with the FileMaker Server 9 Advanced software and maintaining the FIleMaker databases. For everything else, they have a 3rd party IT rep who also helps maintain their internal company website.

Previously, they had 2 or 3 different server machines running their different server apps. Now, they've decided to put them all together into one. They'd like to get their IWP access running as before. The original FileMaker Server machine had FileMaker Server 8 installed and IWP was enabled without problems. They'd go to the original machine's IP and IWP would come up through port 80, as normal.

Unfortunately, with the internal company site now being hosted on the same machine, there is obviously a port conflict. The solution would be to change the port number IWP uses for hosting to the web. (They prefer to change the IWP port number, not the internal website's.)

How does one change the TCP/IP port number used by IWP in IIS while still hosting the internal company site on port 80?

Detailed steps and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need any more information. Thanks for your help.

--Raf

• Newbies

This is all now working. Do not know what caused it to work. During my troubleshooting, I did stop and restart the internal company website. The solution to this is still a mystery.

Thanks for your help.

--Raf

This topic is 5995 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.