Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Possible Portal Bug (Highly Unlikely but...)

SteveGriff

This topic is 8263 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi people...

Here's the scope.

I have this little script that goes loops through the portal rows adding up a field to make a total for another field outside the portal. The thing is though that when the loop goes down to the X amount of rows viewable on portal. (as in, the viewable amount of rows in a portal), the script bombs into a uncontrollable loop.

Anyone know what's the cause about this? Any tips? Is it me? (probably).

Steve Griff

This is not really a bug, so much as it is an annoying feature of portals. As soon as you exit the portal to populate your outside field, the portal resets to its original state (only what is viewable on the screen), so your loop gets all screwed up once you are accessing rows that are not normally available.

Why are you using a loop anyway? Wound not a simple Sum(Portal::Field) or some other aggregate calculation work better without the portal problems.

Ok then.. help me out on this one smile.gif" border="0

One of my portal field's, I want to loop through, and find out which one of my field has the highest number value

so if one of the fields in the portal had the values 8, 12, 3, 6, 13, 4 I would want my little script to find the value 13 when it's looping through the portal. Any ideas? That's why I need the loop.

Cheers

Steve Griff

This topic is 8263 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.