Converting Database Problems

Kel07

This topic is 6021 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

hello

I am quite new to FMpro, but have been trying to update a database from version 6, to 8.5 on Mac OSX. I got the managed to get the information converted, but in the process it has lost all tables,formats and layouts, and now remains looking like a simple A4 document which is quite hard to read...Can someone please advise on what i am doing wrong? I have tried to recover the old file and then import it which didnt work, i have also tried savng the old v6 file as differnt types of file types like excel, but that failed also.

Thanks for any and all help

kel.

Since you say you are new to FileMaker, then I'm guessing that you didn't make the file in the previous version.

Why not contact the original author of the files for guidance. I'm betting that this is a closed solution, possibly a Standalone.

Lee

Okay, you have several problems to face.

First thing you need to understand it; that most of the time, you can't just open the a v6 file in v9, and it work without some problems.

This kind of migration has been discussed in the past, you should read through the topic that are in the Migration Topic Area.

Do you have the Developers Password (Admin) in order to work on the files.

Are the files being served?

Is this a Standalone?

Lee

[color:blue]BTW, I will move your topic to the Migration Topic area in a few minutes.

This topic is 6021 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.