FileMaker Server 9 on macmini

This topic is 6011 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

We want to change existing FM7 Server system into FM9. But the harware specifications is not met the requiremnents.

In current system, FM7S on G4 quick silver and FM7SA on x-serve (g4). x-serve is used for web publishing, and g4 quick silver is used for local fm sharing (over 15 machines)

for FM9S g5 or intel recomended. may be i change g4 quick silver to mac pro but i dont want to replace x-serve with huge and expensive macpro. mac-mini is enough for filemaker hosting issues??

anyone is used mac-mini for server purpose.

an other issue is licensing. server 9 is a bit changed. i dont need server advanced any more. could i install one copy of filemaker for two machines (one is used fm sharing other one is for web only) or i should purchase 2 license?

thanks in advance

Some people seem to believe that a mini Mc is an appropriate hardware choice. I do not. The quality of the drives is not what you should be using in a server. There are better choices if you want to use a Macintosh machine.

As for the license question, I think you'll need two copies of FileMaker Server if you want to use one for databases and the other for web. Check with your FMI sales rep.

Steven

This topic is 6011 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.