Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Record Scrolling

datalink

This topic is 5980 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Thanks DJ.

Its a problem because in the solution we anticipated all navigation to be scripted. So there are a number of things that happen when an operator uses a script to navigate between records. These things don't happen when an operator just scrolls to another record.

(As example on some records a specific tab in the tab tool would be showing. We've used the go to object script step extensively.)

So what we need to do is be able to turn off this way of short circuiting our navigation.

(Status area is hidden an locked. Scrolling between records with the mouse spin wheel works anyway.)

Edited by Guest

Hide and LOCK the status area to disable record scrolling. I also ensure that the users only sees a found set of 1 record so they cannot scroll (remember to disable the show all records command)

Make sure the status area really is locked.

I just tested mouse scrolling with FMP 9.0v3 (on Mcc OS X 10.4.11) and it's disabled if the status area is hidden regardless of it being locked or not.

Maybe it's a FMP 7 thing. The only good thing about FMP 7 was that FMP 8 followed it. I wouldn't be using FMP 7.0 at all.

Are there any other programs running that modify the mouse behaviour?

This topic is 5980 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.