Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sharing 9

This topic is 5971 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

A coworker and myself are working on a database (9.0v3). We would like to be able to work on it simultaneously. 2-days per week I am in the same office as he so it is no problem using our LAN with one of us hosting. The rest of the time I am working from home. What is the best way for us to be able to continue development of our database?

Both of us are using Mac G4 laptops.

-Chris

By "working on it" I am assuming that you mean both using the database silmultaneously, not both of you doing development work on it.

You can get a VPN into the office to do this. This assumes that the database is up and running in the office.

You would start up the VPN and then enter the program just as you do on the LAN, but it will be slower.

No. I meant that we are both developing this solution. Is this possible in 9?

Ummm... You probably should not both be developing even on the LAN on a peer to peer basis at the same time. You can do it using Server. Even then, I think you should probably not be anywhere close to each other in the program.

Some one may want to chime in here with some definitive facts/strategies for doing co-develpoment on FMP9 and family. I am usually working alone or I am the only person in develpment mode, so others may have formal protocols to follow here.

Dave

This topic is 5971 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.