FM training in New York City?

This topic is 8610 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am starting a new job as an office manager. I will be using FM Pro extensively, and am interested in taking a training course and acquiring books. Are there any training courses offered in the Manhattan area? Any book suggestions for an Absolute Beginner? Seeking All Mod Cons!

Thanks,

Stefanie

Being in NYC, I highly recommend that you pop in to your local "Barnes & Noble Library", browse through as many FMP books as you can stomach, and pick the one that makes the most sense to you.

Also, if you have a copy of FMP on your home computer, I suggest you set up little projects for yourself (rolodex, personal expense form, etc.). You'll find that the best way to learn is by having to accomplish something.

The thing about most classes is that they generally either move too slowly, in which case you're going to be bored out of your skull, or too quickly, in which case you won't retain anything. Also, they tend to interfere with either work time or personal time, so your mind is on other things.

And for specific questions, there's always this forum. Don't be afraid to ask -- there are always beginners here, and there are also several very experienced users who are willing to help.

HTH,

Dan

This topic is 8610 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.