Export Field Definitions?

This topic is 8608 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm trying to document my solution, and need to export my field definitions to an Excel spreadsheet (or any other delimited format.) Presently the only way I can output my field definitions is to print them.

Thanks in advance,

David

This might not help, but...

If you have Acrobat, you can print to a PDF file. Of course, doing something with it after that is problematic, but you can create a hyperlink from Excel or Word to the PDF file (assuming you have a recent version of MS Office; 97-98 should do it).

Dan

quote:

Originally posted by dbyers:

I'm trying to document my solution, and need to export my field definitions to an Excel spreadsheet (or any other delimited format.) Presently the only way I can output my field definitions is to print them.

Thanks in advance,

David

I'm not real familiar with the program, but Print2Pict might be able to help you out, and I think it's freeware. Basically it can print the field definitions to a text file, which you could then bring into Excel.

Chuck

• Newbies

I ended up printing them out, then scanning them back in with OCR & manually placing them in the desired cells in Excel. Unfortunately I had to do this in over 30 files - not fun.

Thanks for all of the suggestions, though.

quote:

Originally posted by dbyers:

I ended up printing them out, then scanning them back in with OCR & manually placing them in the desired cells in Excel. Unfortunately I had to do this in over 30 files - not fun.

Thanks for all of the suggestions, though.

Really, try out Print2Pict. I think this can do the job for you. I can print to a text file, which you can then bring into Excel. You can avoid the whole scanning and OCR operation.

You might also be able to avoid it by printing to PDF and using Acrobat to OCR the file so that you don't have to print and scan.

Chuck

This topic is 8608 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.