Merging Database Files

This topic is 8607 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm not sure whether this question had come up in this forum before, but, how does one combine (merge, append, concatenate) multiple datebase files in FileMaker Pro 5?

I have tried using FileMaker's Help files, no luck. I have done a search in the FileMaker KnowledgeBase, no luck. So now I'm turning to you folks. Helllllpppp!!!!!

If I were using Paradox, I would know exactly what to do. The same with a flat file, especially in unix. But this is the first time I have worked with FileMaker Pro at this level.

Any help you can give will be greatfully accepted.

TIA

SJS

quote:

Originally posted by TheWolf:

I'm not sure whether this question had come up in this forum before, but, how does one combine (merge, append, concatenate) multiple datebase files in FileMaker Pro 5?

I have tried using FileMaker's Help files, no luck. I have done a search in the FileMaker KnowledgeBase, no luck. So now I'm turning to you folks. Helllllpppp!
!!!
!

If I were using Paradox, I would know exactly what to do. The same with a flat file, especially in unix. But this is the first time I have worked with FileMaker Pro at this level.

If you are talking about taking data from more than one FMP file and combining it into one file, then use use the Import function.

If you want to actually combine the file structure (fields, layouts, scripts) then this is not possible. FMP is actually a binary file format and cannot simply be combined at the file level like a text file.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8607 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.