Virtual Server

This topic is 5934 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello all

At this moment I am busy on upgrade the system to FMs9 + FMp9. currently I am using FMs 5.5 + FMp6 running on 2000 sp4.

For the upgrade I need to install a new server and I want to know if I can install the FMS on a virtual 2003 server. (virtualPC)

FileMaker Server 9 is not currently supported on a virtual server. It may run if you use VM ware. The specs must be very precise however.

I recommend you stick to approved hardware and Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP 2. This is the certified OS.

Steven

• 1 month later...

Steven,

Do you think FM9 Server will be supported in a VMware server environment in the near future? We are experimenting with it and have seen performance issues. Also, do you know if Filemaker 9 Server is 64-bit compatible?

We want to run on it Microsoft Server 2003, 64-bit version.

We have tested with VM Ware and have not had too many issues. It has not been certified as of yet but FMI has been definately testing it.

As for Filemaker 9 Server on 64-bit, it is not compatible. They are looking into this as well for a future release as it increasing in demand.

What kind of hardware did you use when you tested with VMWare and how many users? We had issues and have decided to go back to MS clustering. I really would like to use VMWare for many reasons.

Regarding the 64-bit server compatibity,that's bad news. I could only find info on FMPro on the FM website. Where did you find that out? Do you think they are working on it now?

Thanks for your help.

Do you think FM9 Server will be supported in a VMware server environment in the near future? We are experimenting with it and have seen performance issues. Also, do you know if Filemaker 9 Server is 64-bit compatible?

We want to run on it Microsoft Server 2003, 64-bit version.

Julie:

No to both questions. Testing is going on in several places related to virtual environments and FMS. Let's get you, your developer, your SE, and me together on a conference call or video chat on this.

Avoid the 64 bit version of Windows Server 2003. You doi not need it for FMS.

Steven

This topic is 5934 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.