FPSA 9 Scheduled Scripmaker Script Issue

This topic is 5962 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi: I am trying to automate an export via a scriptmaker script in a database I have. On the schedules window under last Run Status, it says "scriptmaker script aborted".

I made a second test script that simply goes to a layout and saves the current record in PDF format.. that one produces the same Last Run Status error?

If I run these scripts via a client connection, they run fine. The server however, is aborting the script for some reason.

Am I missing something?

Server: Win2003, FMPSA 9.03, Schedule logging in with full access privs.

Thanks

David R

The server schedule can only run Web Compatible script steps - and Export is not one of them! Sad but true!

To get around it you can use the operating systems schedule to open a FM file that will perform your script and then exit application. This will require a copy of FM on the server.

To get around it you can use the operating systems schedule to open a FM file that will perform your script and then exit application. This will require a copy of FM on the server.

If you elect to use such a configuration, [color:red]be sure that FileMaker Server is not running at the same time you open the file with FileMaker Pro. A "robot" machine on the network is a better option.

Steven

This topic is 5962 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.