Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM Server 5...DB Startup Issue

th4

This topic is 5947 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We have recently moved our FM Server 5 from an old winnt4 box to a new win2k3 server. We basically installed and moved the DBs to the new server. The issue is that the DBs don't automatically open/share out when FM service is started like it did on the old box. Did I miss a setting somewhere? Where do you control the folder that you want all your DBs in? Currently, after a server reboot I have to manually double-click every DB (over 100) to get them to open and become available to all in FM Server.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. The old box was configured many many moons ago and I had nothing to do with it!

Also, you may encounter issues with FMS 5 on Server 2003. A couple of my clients had to revert back to NT4 or Windows 2000. 2003 is much newer than FMS5 so keep an eye out.

You know when you're in trouble if the FMS machine seems to vanish and no new connections to it can be made (usually existing session are fine). The only remedy is to reboot the server.

• Newbies

No, the server was installed on C and we put the DBs on the data drive (D)...I think that's the way it was on the old box and somehow it was working.

Yes, the Filemaker service is starting automatically.

Here is another question...if I need to reinstall to get this to work, can I install 5.5 and will it have any problems with my current DBs?

Also, I haven't seen the problem above but did have to have people connect through hosts by IP now.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5947 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.