Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Preview Mode Problem?

This topic is 8588 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

First off, I want to thank everyone who has responded to my previous posts. I'm almost finished the database I've been trying to create, with help from people on this message board, so thank you!

But here is my final question. I have my database very automated (buttons, pop up message windows w/ commands, etc.), so I have the Status Area toggled off so it doesn't show. I have a search function in the database which takes you to the results in Preview Mode (there are subsummaries in it). Only three results appear per "page." I don't want there to be pages...I just want it to be a continuous flow of results. OR can I have a button that in Preview Mode, takes you to the next page? I've tried the latter and it hasn't seemed to work.

I hope someone can help. Thanks!

Pem Brown

quote:

Originally posted by pembrown:

First off, I want to thank everyone who has responded to my previous posts. I'm almost finished the database I've been trying to create, with help from people on this message board, so thank you!

But here is my final question. I have my database very automated (buttons, pop up message windows w/ commands, etc.), so I have the Status Area toggled off so it doesn't show. I have a search function in the database which takes you to the results in Preview Mode (there are subsummaries in it). Only three results appear per "page." I don't want there to be pages...I just want it to be a continuous flow of results. OR can I have a button that in Preview Mode, takes you to the next page? I've tried the latter and it hasn't seemed to work.

Why not just show the Status Area while in preview mode?

I do this all the time. With a script paused and Allow User Abort turned off, the only thing that the user can do it flip pages or click Continue.

This should solve your problem.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8588 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.