Ghost files in Open Remote Dialog

This topic is 5958 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When I manually do an "Open Remote" in FMP and I select my server from the list of favorite hosts, the Available Files window in the dialog flashes a list of files that haven't existed on the server for quite some time now. After this "flash", the actual list appears.

This doesn't affect performance in any way, I'm just curious why this behavior occurs.

Thanks in advance!

When was the last time the FileMaker Server CPU was restarted?Steven

32 days ago. I think that my "ghost files" may have been removed from hosting since then, so that might explain it. I'll reboot this weekend and see if it makes them go away.

Thanks, Steven!

-Kent

Hi there Kent!

I've had this happen as well. It might be *normal* but I dislike it. When you Open Remote, the list should be refreshed with what is there and available NOW. This lack of refresh can be quite confusing and, IMO, rebooting the server shouldn't be necessary. I am hoping FMS has some improvements in store for us. They are listening ... this is good.

And Steven said it's not the same guys who handle the Import dialog so I hold out great hope that it will be improved. :wink2:

LaRetta

Well, I rebooted and the "ghost files" still flash in the list before the actual file list appears. Any other ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks!

-Kent

This topic is 5958 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.