Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Independent Developer

Jerry100

This topic is 5936 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is for all you independent developers. I am a one person company. I have developed a solution for school districts to manage their Special Education systems. The clients are very happy with the solution, but want to know what they would do if something were to happen to me (the most frequent scenerio is getting hit by a tractor trailer). The solution provides backups, user documentation and some management permissions. For obvious reasons, the Full Access password is not provided. How do other one person shops answer this question? Thanks in advance.

Put your passwords in your Will and Living Trust to be managed by your executor, should you see (or not see) the Peterbuilt pummel you into the pavement.

When he/she or your lawyer informs your clients of your demise. Your estate could arrange a meeting with other suitable developers who could take over once approved by your client.

If you are a corporation you should already have a successor and have a contingency plan in place.

Thank you for your reply. Your description closely matches my current response to clients for whom my eventual or sudden demise was a concern. I had prepared packets for all existing clients and projects with instructions for my survivors as to how to handle each while still providing for them with future income from sales of the standard products. It is nice to hear that I was not way off base.

This topic is 5936 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.