Getting Status Bar info piped to a Layout.

This topic is 5956 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Again,

I'm getting close to a deadline and would like to try to solve a few remaining minor issues.

First, is to do with layout. I've got a series of screens that present either film clips or slides, where the screen real estate is valuable - so I can see good reasons for removing the status bar. Obviously I can navigate between records with simple "Next" and "Previous" arrow buttons on the layout. However, sometimes it would be good to know how many records I have in my found set and which record I'm currently on - information that the Status Bar always gives me. Is there a simple way to access this info and make it available on the layout. Since FMP already does those calculations anyway - maybe there's a simple way to "mirror" the Status Bar data on the layout somehow.

big thanks

gessie

Dear Fenton

thanks for your rapid and easy to understand explanation. I'm sure it's a question that's been dealt with a hundred times before - but hopefully some other 'newbie' trawling the site will come across your latest reply - and have an "of course - that's how you do it moment!" like I just did. I know I pick up all kinds of tips by reading through other people's questions and comments.

Many Kow-Tows to the Grand Pooh-Bah!

gessie

This topic is 5956 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.