Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Using old solution in version 9

This topic is 5934 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I've converted my 5.5 solution that I've used for years, first to version 8 (never finished converting in 8), then to version 9. Works fast and well, except that when I shut it down and bring it back up, none of the links between my 4 files work. I can go back to the field name dialog and choose the field from a different file that's supposed to appear in that place, but the links break again when I shut down.

Is this common? Any idea what might be the cause?

Also, it's my understanding that it would run better if I could combine the 4 files into one file with 4 tables, if that makes sense. Is there an easy way to accomplish this without recreating the solution from scratch?

You might want to clean up your External Data Sources lists. It's probably got lots of detritus from the .fp5 version - which automatically kept a list of *every* possible location a file has ever resided. At the very least, scooping out obsolete reference will make your relationships more peppy, since FM9 won't have to go through them all sequentially trying to find the file.

Not sure if this would cause actual data source references breaking, however.

This topic is 5934 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.