Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Timestamp format

This topic is 5922 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I like using timestamps. I'm pleased that FM gave them to us. I like that I can use timestamp and then take whatever pieces of it I need. But it irritates me that I need to create a calculation just to DISPLAY the date only from a timestamp. Oh sure, I can change field size to small enough that only date shows but that is kludge.

It would be nice if we had, at the layout level, ability to specify NONE on the time just as we can fine-tune the date and not specify day etc (or not show the date at all in timestamp). Unless I'm missing something, the time comes along with timestamp no matter what I do. A simple NONE in the 'Format As' would be great! :wink2:

I shall, Colin. However, I think FM's Feature Request site sucks. For instance, the question is:

Select the FileMaker solution category associated with your feature suggestion.

And it gives Invoice Management, Personnel Records etc ... oh geez, how ridiculous. A feature is a feature not a solution and can be used in all solutions. It is obvious that the person who designed the feature request section has never used it. It must be the same person who designed the Import/Export dialogs and un-functionality. :)

I mean, honestly ... have people tried filling out that web page? It doesn't even match the purpose of the page. Ah, I love FM but it's just that ... well, sometimes they miss the ballpark by a mile, know what I mean?

This topic is 5922 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.