Server Maintenance This Week. ×

"Migrating" related files from fmp6

This topic is 5925 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have 3 related fmp6 files that I would love to see as separate tables within one file (using fmp9). Help says that I need to convert them and then migrate them, and then never actually states how to migrate them. Surely this is easy but I'm not finding it.

You would really need to use FileMaker Pro Advanced so that you can copy fields from each file (after it is converted) and paste them into your new file as a new table. Also you would be able to copy scripts from each file into your new solution. You will have to reconnect your relationships and copy and paste layouts, value lists. It's not without work. In some cases it may be easier to re architect your solution from scratch to take advantage of new features that exist in FMP9.

Scripts from FM6 may not result in the intended effect.

One solution was to run the files of FMP6 thru Meta Data Magic which will give you an review of areas that you need to address prior to a conversion.

its just a bunch of dbs that i use with lasso, so there are no scripts or relationships or anything fancy in the files themselves. i was just hoping it would take the dbs and convert them to tables--seems simple enough. can regular fmp9 do that?

This topic is 5925 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.