Full Access request for BAD user

This topic is 5935 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Okay, folks, I am desperate.

The shortest summation that I can give is that I have been having a fight against giving Full Access privileges to a user who has been proven to all (except those in charge) to be incompetent. This person only wants control over others, not to be able to usefully share needed information with the rest of the team members accessing the database.

I have been in the crossfire of this admittedly personnel problem, as opposed to an actual DB issue. What I am looking for here, then, are some solid, non-emotional arguments for limiting access, especially to defining fields. The person in question has had limited experience with pre-V7 type FM, so any comparisons in that regard would be useful.

Any and all assistance would be supremely appreciated.

You should not allow anyone to have schema level access to a hosted database. This specifically and aprticularly includes access to field definitions and to the Relationship Graph. Accessing those while the file is hosted can result in a crash and burn if the connection is interrupted.

Additionally, the [Full Access] Account allows managwement of the Accoutns and privileges section.

Just say No.

Steven

I was in a similiar situation with an employee here. This employee wanted to be able to change field definitions and add new fields(which made me shutter just thinking about it). All you can really do is voice your concerns for not giving full access. It is the companies data, how valuable is it to them that it stay intact and the files to continue working properly?

Only myself and the owner of the company here have full access and the owner freaks out quite often when presented with certain dialog boxes and then calls me.

Thanks greatly for the answers. I do know they were quick, but unfortunately, I was unsuccessful. The person in question was apparently more insistent and believable than I was. And it really is an awful time to be looking for a job, especially as non-for-profit type.

Thanks, again.

This topic is 5935 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.