Know of a good FileMaker Fax program?

This topic is 8575 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I need to be able to send multiple faxes from FoleMiker Pro. I want to pull up my file of phone numbers and have FileMaker fax a letter (also in Filemaker) to everyone listed. I can do it individually with no problem, but have not been able to figure a way to send multiple faxes as indicated above. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Harry

Three good solutions exist on the Mac side:

1) FaxTool from Data Designs. This is a product that works with FAXstf. I think it is only single user, single line.

2) FaxElite is a multiuser, single line solution. www.faxelite.com

3) 4-Sight Fax is a high end, multiuser, multiline fax program. www.softsolutions.com.

I have experimented with 2) and done and extensive 4 line system in 3).

The general technique for sending multiple faxes to multiple destinations is to loop through records sending one fax for each destination record.

-bd

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply regarding faxing from FileMaker. Do you feel its best to buy a faxing program built for FileMaker or do you feel it is something a novice of FileMaker could do on his own? I need to send anywhere from 50 to 300 faxes a day and need an easy solution to do it. One of my partners uses a product called WinFax (not used with FileMaker) but it does little good because you cannot to searches etc. I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for your initial post... Harry

Thanks for your reply regarding faxing from FileMaker. Do you feel its best to buy a faxing program built for FileMaker or do you feel it is something a novice of FileMaker could do on his own? I need to send anywhere from 50 to 300 faxes a day and need an easy solution to do it. One of my partners uses a product called WinFax (not used with FileMaker) but it does little good because you cannot to searches etc. I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for your initial post... Harry

FileMaker does not have a built in faxing capability. Creating your own faxing solution is not something a 20 year experienced Mac or PC programmer should take lightly. A novice would have no chance. It will take considerable effort for a novice to learn how to integrate the listed solutions into a FileMaker solution.

I've not done a PC fax solution integration, but take a look at www.filemaker.com, developer button, find plug-in button.

-bd

This topic is 8575 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.