Why does my tab order do this

This topic is 8585 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I set the tab order on the actual FM program, and in the program it works fine, but on the web page, the tab order is all messed up. So why will it work fine on the actual form and all messed up on the site.

Thanks,

Cedric

the tab order is only customizable in FM. The tab order over the web is a built in browser feature. . . it goes from top to bottom and left to right, as if you were reading. Unfortunately, i do not know of a way to change it. I thought there might be a javascript, but i found nothing the last time i was looking. This is an annoyance that i believe will be taken care of soon if it's not already and i just don't know about it. But until then, you are out of luck.

Jeremy

------------------

Filemaker's kind of like a wife; easy to love, yet just so complicated.

If you have mad custom web html format files, just edit the files to rearrange the field order. I suspect that you are using instant web publishing...

... my guess is that the fields are listed in their original field creation order, but perhaps thay are listed in whatever order they appear in the define fields dialog. This is just a guess... try comparing them and change the order, see if that changes anything.

This topic is 8585 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.