Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Changing the Default Initial View

Clinton

This topic is 5895 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

By default, when you choose to "Save as PDF," the Initial View is set to "Pages Panel and Page." I know that if I am calling a "Save as PDF" inside a script, I can set the Options to be whatever I want. But I would like to change this default setting so that if a user chooses "Save as PDF" from the File menu, or by clicking the icon, then the Initial View is already set to "Page Only" instead of having to manually select it every time.

FileMaker seems to store a number of other preferences based on what was chosen the last time the database was opened locally (eg: The "Print to File" checkbox on the Print screen), but this does not seem to be one of those.

Does anyone know how to change this?

Well you can use a script to at least set that setting. Why dont you use a custom menu under the File Menu to run your script that sets that option instead. Set the display dialog so it mimics how the current native step works.

This would work for handling when the user chooses "Save as PDF" from under the File Menu, although it would look somewhat different (it would be missing the little PDF icon - you can't modifty the [save/Send As] submenu) but it doesn't help me with the PDF icon that's available in the Standard Toolbar, which is actually what the user uses most often.

This would work for handling when the user chooses "Save as PDF" from under the File Menu, although it would look somewhat different (it would be missing the little PDF icon - you can't modifty the [save/Send As] submenu) but it doesn't help me with the PDF icon that's available in the Standard Toolbar, which is actually what the user uses most often.

Not necessarily...

If you use the FileMaker command when making your custom menu your toolbar with take on what the custom menu item does.

See attached.

PDF_Test.zip

This topic is 5895 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.