Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FileMaker and Leopard window focus problems

This topic is 5840 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

It's been 4 months now since the release of Leopard, and still FileMaker is not compatible with it.

Windows are getting out of focus all of the time, and are sometimes even impossible to activate again, the only option left being to kill the application and damage/lose data.

It's not because you can start up an application, you can declare it "compatible".

There seems to be some "don't blame it on us" game going on between FileMaker and Apple, put in another way, it seems to me that FileMaker catalogues the window focus issues as "not our problem", and so does Apple.

OK, no problem, just go back to Tiger is what I thought.

But no way, the new MacBooks don't run Tiger anymore.

This is REALLY starting to unnerve me.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

This was an issue we use to have on Windows only, but now we see it with the new version of Leopard. The database window is "there" but not really. I agree it is frustating, but what I really get frustrated about is that FM will NEVER fix this problem in FM9, they will go on with their development and release FM10 which may or may not fix this (and other reported bugs!!!!!!!), but they will NEVER patch FM9. EVER! Users who own FM9 will never have a fully functional version, they will have to upgrade and even then not all the past bugs are cleared up. Very VERY frustrating! This didn't happen before, but FM as a company has obviously decided that this is policy.

Good luck and you might as well give up complaining. Bug reports, calls, all go unheard. And I am a US federal government programmer with the largest site license for FM that exist. You would think they would listen more than rarely. Sorry for the rant, but this has been a thorn in my side for too long. : : : :

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen this too...I wouldn't assume that FileMaker wouldn't fix it, (unless FMP 10 is coming out next week) or that Apple won't take care of it...they're only up to 10.5.2, after all.

Anyway, for any who are having trouble with this, if you're clicking in a window and it won't come forward, clicking in the window's title bar usually works.

I agree that it's frustrating...recently I was working on two databases that looked similar and after leaving a dialog it brought the other window to the front and I made a bunch of changes to the wrong layout, then had to revert and start over.

This topic is 5840 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.