Network Browser

SteeRod

This topic is 5894 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, Is this possible to access my network (Folder and file) in a webviewer trought open remote (ouvrir à distance). I can see my folder in the webviewer when I'am on the principale machine but not on the other machine. I set the webviewer with C: or file:///C:/users....Can somebody help me on this....

Tanks

Steeve

The web viewer is based on the Operating System's browser and due to obvious security limitations you can't really use it as file browser to select and open files... You would have to use OS level scripting (AppleScript/VBscript) or a file plugin for what you have in mind.

Tank for your anwser. Can you explain why when I'm on the host machine I can see the file. Is there any way to specify the adress of the computer (Like file:///ComputerName/C:/Users...). And If you have a suggestion for the plugin it will be great...

Tank you very much

Steeve

Don't know a lot about web viewer but I tried this with mine when I saw this post and it worked on server computer and on station computers.

I set it to:

"file://///servername/foldername/foldername/"

Servername = your server name

Foldername = name of the folder you want to display

If it does not work for you try the same in your browser to see if it works there. If it works in your browser it should work in web viewer. If it does not work in your browser maybe your permissions on stations are not enough to access the server and check your intraweb security policies and such.

The thing to remember is that the path to what you're showing in the web viewer needs to be exactly the same from all guest machines. So if the path from the host machine is c:fomefoldersomefile then that won't work from any guest machine because that folder and file is not going to be their in their own C drive.

The syntax that Anuviel is using is closer to the mark since it uses the syntax of a shared folder (servername, share name). You have to use that syntax even if you are on the machine where the physical share is.

Thank for the help. It's work good with 4(////).

In oder subjet, I search information about the filemaker certification;

- where can I found some question or test exemple.

- Is this difficul to succeed.

Thanks you very much and sorry for my english I'm présently learning it....

This topic is 5894 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.