Locking entry fields in a Layout

This topic is 5900 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello:

Greatly appreciate all the assistance thats been offered here.

My latest question is as follows:

I have a layout that contains a variety of fields that are completed by one member of my agency. The rest of the members need to be able to view this layout and the records that it contaions however I want to limit the changes that they can make to just one or two fields is this possible? I have tried to play with the access privelages and such but have had little luck figuring it out

TIA

Opie

You might consider creating a second copy of the layout and protecting the fields on that layout. Then, script your navigation so that the one person goes to the full access layout, while the rest go to the limited access one...

You might consider creating a second copy of the layout and protecting the fields on that layout. Then, script your navigation so that the one person goes to the full access layout, while the rest go to the limited access one...

Except this has [color:red]no effect on protecting the fields. You must create two different Privilege Sets, and assign field level privileges to the various fields involved. The more privileged Accounts are assigned to one privilege set; the other Accoutns are assigned to the lesser Privilege Set. There are a couple of other way to do this; however, this is the most straightforward.

Steven

This topic is 5900 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.