Get accountname

This topic is 5897 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I’ve a FMpro 9v03 database where i’ve used in a script the function ‘Get useraccount’. The result of the function is always ‘Administrator’ even if another user connecting the database. In the list of the accounts&privileges are many different users with a name that match the names of the employees in the database. The database hold information about the absent of many employees. I want to make a startup-script that give employees the possibilities to view their own information (without viewing the rest of the information of the other employees). Can someone tell me why the function ‘Get useraccount’ don’t give me the name of the account who’s visit the database?

Thanx for your awnser

Roland Tempels

[email protected]

• Newbies

Thank you for the awnser.

I use get(accountname). When i login with a accountname and password (know by accounts & privileges of the database)the result of 'get(accountname)' = Administrator, always!

I use a calculation field (global) with 'get(accountname)' to see the result, and also a script with the same function to find the user who's open the database with the same name in the database to give personal information.

get_account.JPG

Edited by Guest

• Newbies

Ann,

the global option is turned off now but the result is the same.

the database is transformed from FM version 6 to version 9. Could it be possible that in such case the get(accountname) doesn't work anymore? In version 6, i didn't use this function.

thank you for you help,

Roland

This topic is 5897 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.