send email from IWP

barryfh

This topic is 5897 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Could someone provide additional details on the tip published in FileMaker Advisor magazine (http://my.advisor.com/doc/18702) on sending email from Instant Web Publishing (IWP) in FMP 8.5 or 9?

With my admittedly limited programming skills, I have had zero success implementing this tip.

The goal is for users who access my FMP databases via IWP click a button when they have entered a new record whereby the button sends an email alert to me so that I know there's a new record. The email alert should originate from the email client and account of the person who entered the data rather than from the email client and account that resides on the server where my FMP databases reside.

Thanks much in advance!

I solved part of the problem.

To make the tip work, the Web Viewer must be assigned an object name in the Object Info window, and it must be referenced by this name in the script.

The one remaining glitch is that, using HTML mailto, an email window opens in the email client without actually sending the email.

Does anyone know a way to automate the dispatch of the message (without having the date entry person do it)?

This topic is 5897 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.