auto-images?

This topic is 8638 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I know someone already asked...but it is really an important issue: the insert picture command does not allow for the path to the picture to be set as a parameter (for example defined in a field). Is there a way around ON A PC?

I think that you can do this on a PC with a plug-in. Check out fmplugins.com and take a look around. Troi's File Plugin might do the job, or perhaps Dialog Magic.

Chuck

quote:

Originally posted by Chuck:

I think that you can do this on a PC with a plug-in. Check out fmplugins.com and take a look around. Troi's File Plugin might do the job, or perhaps Dialog Magic.

These may or may not do exactly what you want. However you can do this pretty quickly with WinBatch. Lots more control, but requires some simple programming.

Check out the plugins first, then WinBatch.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

quote:

Originally posted by oglaizot:

I know someone already asked...but it is really an important issue: the insert picture command does not allow for the path to the picture to be set as a parameter (for example defined in a field). Is there a way around ON A PC?

Okay, Okay, I have the same problem, I think! When I insert a picture file (very small jpg) I would like to have the entire filename and path appear in a text field. Now I checked out Trio Plug In, and according to their information, it will point to the picture. But isn't Filemaker doing the right now! Because, if I accidently delete the jpg file, my database shows "no picture." I discovered this by cleaning up my hard drive.

This topic is 8638 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.