Mac Client can't see database, others can

This topic is 5852 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a customer with a 3 computer office.

Mac 1 is on a fast wireless connection, and hosts the FM 9.0v3 database in MacOS 10.4.11, and also hosts a folder of common files.

PC 1 can connect to the common folder, and can connect to Mac 1's hosted FM database with no problem. It is plugged into the wireless router ethernet ports. FM 9.0v3 for Windows XP.

Mac 2 can connect to the shared folder of files, and can see Mac 1 in Open Remote, but does not see the hosted database! It is also connected to the wireless router through an ethernet port. It is also Mac OS 10.4.11, and FM 9.0v3.

Any ideas why Mac 2 can connect with the shared folder, but can't see the hosted database in Open Remote?

Does it work if you try just entering the URL with the DB name into the Network File Path?

fmnet:/hostAddress/databaseName.fp7

In any case, I would generally suggest against doing database sharing over wireless, especially if the host is wireless.

No, it does not work by typing in the database name.

I fully realize that the connection to the server should be wired, and it eventually will be, but that is not the issue here. It still should be able to connect to the database, since it can clearly see the server.

Mac 2 is a weaker Mac - the flat screen iMac with the 1/2 basketball base! I don't recall the specs, but it is getting a bit dated. Runs fine on MacOS 10.4.11, though.

This topic is 5852 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.